Announcements - Read this forum first to find out the latest information.

User: [Log In] [Create A New Profile]
Actions: [New Topic] [Print View] [RSS]
Search
Path: [NAO] [Forums] [Announcements]
Topic:
Server Updates (8 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
May 03, 2010 06:05AM

Server Updates
paxed - May 03, 2010 06:05AM

Server has been updated:

2011-01-13:
  • Added "bones" option. turning this off will prevent loading bones files.
  • Added the curses interface, version beta3.

2010-10-11:: We hit a filesystem limit, so some emergency maintenance was called for. Both dgamelaunch and NetHack have been recompiled because of this.
All userdata URLs are now slightly different. The old format was http://alt.org/nethack/userdata/paxed/ and in the new format, there's a subdirectory under userdata corresponding to the first character of the user nickname. For example http://alt.org/nethack/userdata/p/paxed/
NOTE: Website and the IRC-bot Rodney haven't yet been updated.

2010-09-22:
  • Added the Messagetype option -patch.
  • Added vt_tiledata -boolean option. Turning it on will output extra information in the datastream in the form of escape code "ESC [ ... z", meant for graphical frontends. See this post for more.

2010-05-15:

• dgamelaunch: We're running the SVN version of dgamelaunch.
  • NetHack:
    • Text input prompt change: Pressing escape clears the inputted string, and if there is no string, will escape. This should also prevent most of the "oops, I pressed cursor keys"
    • 'X' toggles twoweapon, instead of trying to go to explore mode. (#twoweapon still works, too)
    • Server Admin Emergency Message System, which doesn't depend on mail option.
    • 'C' will pop up a menu and allows naming a monster, an item, or a class of items.
  • SporkHack: Updated to the newest version. The old version is still available.

2010-05-30:

• NetHack: Added "show_obj_sym" option, to show the object symbol on menus where that symbol acts as a hotkey for those objects. (Slightly modified showsym -patch)
  • NetHack: Looting on a location with several containers will pop up a menu. (Menu looting -patch)

-- 
You( "are momentarily disoriented." );

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2011 06:46PM by paxed.

Re: Server Updates
Stroller - May 15, 2010 11:58AM

paxed Wrote:
> [*] 'C' will pop up a menu and allows naming a
> monster, an item, or a class of items.

Is there any way for me to access the former behaviour of 'C' in my games?

I'm so used to answer the "individual item" question with with 'y'/'n' that I struggle with the new form; I mistype, or significantly slow down my play.

(The News file is dated 2010-05-01, but I haven't observed that behaviour in my previous game; probably I am missing something here?)

paxed - May 15, 2010 08:03PM

Just updated the binary, so that 'y'/'n' will do the expected thing in the menu.
I forgot to update the motd file date.

-- 

Stroller - May 15, 2010 10:17PM

paxed Wrote:
> Just updated the binary, so that 'y'/'n' will do
> the expected thing in the menu.

Man, you are indeed fast! Thanks a lot :-)

DrSunglass - May 15, 2010 06:42PM

I like the 'X toggles twoweapon' behavior, but I don't like the new call prompt, especially because it requires me to press 'c' -- I invoke it with N (I play without number_pad), and usually I would just have to press n again to say no to the prompt.

paxed - May 15, 2010 08:02PM

I just updated the binary, so that you can also answer 'y' or 'n' in the menu, and it'll do the vanilla-style expected thing.

-- 

thefifthsetpin - September 25, 2010 01:43AM

Can Y/U/B/N/H/J/K/L/./>/y/u/b/n/h/j/k/l keys be made to work for (c)all? y&n are directions in which you might want to call something, so its confusing that they take you to the name prompt.

DarthL33tSA - January 31, 2011 06:37AM

Is there any particular reason you removed SporkHack? I don't play it myself, but it seems odd to take the option away.

Go to Topic: [Previous] [Next]